Trump adviser Rudy Giuliani yesterday suggested that Hillary Clinton has a secret mental illness. (Spoiler alert: She doesn’t.)

Mind you, this is coming from a guy who forgot last week that 9/11 happened — and he was the mayor of New York during 9/11!

Giuliani is only the latest member of Team Trump to push this particular conspiracy theory this week.

I did a Facebook Live broadcast on this topic today, which you can watch bellow. Or you can just read on — it’s much of the same material.

In addition to Giuliani, we also heard from Trump national spokesperson Katrina Pierson, who is so factually challenged she spawned her own hashtag, #KatrinaPiersonHistory, after claiming that President Obama invaded Afghanistan in 2001, and then that Obama and Hillary were responsible for killing the Khans’ son in Iraq in 2004, while President Bush was still in charge of the Iraq war. After those two SNAFUs, the Trump campaign promised that Katrina would never again make such an egregious mistake. But she did.

Then, finally, there was Trump himself, who yesterday again suggested that Hillary didn’t have the “stamina” to be president, and that she was “sleeping,” and taking weekends off.

by default 2016-08-21 at 2.48.33 PM

Mind you, this is coming from a 70-year-old overweight man who eats junk food, and who at odd times acts like a petulant adolescent, as compared to a 68-year-old woman who as Secretary of State visited 112 countries, logging nearly 1 million miles of travel.

Trump’s implication was two-fold: 1) Hillary is a woman, women are weak, and therefore women can’t be president; and 2) Hillary has a secret illness she hasn’t told anyone about.

As I noted in my Facebook Live broadcast, this is what happens when campaigns start to lose. They got negative, big time. While often the negativity doesn’t kick in until October, it can start early, when the candidate thinks he’s in danger of losing. So, the first thing Trump’s negativity tells us, is that he thinks his campaign is in trouble. And it is. But that doesn’t mean Trump is going to lose. A lot can can between now and November, especially with Trump willing to go this negative.

Which brings me to another point. While we all expected Trump to go super-negative, and bring up all of the debunked “Clinton scandals” of the 1990s. There are all of the fake scandals the Republicans concocted in the 199os to attack Bill Clinton, but also to attack Hillary — the GOP hated that Hillary was smart, more liberal than bill, and more than happy to get involved in policy as First Lady. But what we weren’t expecting were the outright lies — Trump and Giuliani making up a fake illness and ascribing it to Hillary. That’s pretty bad, even for Trump.

The irony of course is that there have been rumors for a while now about whether Trump himself has a psychological illness that predisposes him to massive mood changes, narcissism, and an inability to keep his mouth shut. One psychologist I talked to said  “borderline personality disorder” comes to mind. Here’s what the Mayo Clinic describes as the symptoms of borderline personality disorder:

Borderline personality disorder. Impulsive and risky behavior, such as having unsafe sex, gambling or binge eating. Unstable or fragile self-image. Unstable and intense relationships. Up and down moods, often as a reaction to interpersonal stress.

So it’s interesting that just as people became worried about Trump, Trump felt the need to make the same accusations about Hillary. Though Trump has been projecting for a while now. This last week, for example, Trump claimed that Hillary was a racist who didn’t care about black people. Which is interesting, as Hillary has cared about African-Americans for her entire professional career, and has proven it time again again, starting with the time Hillary went undercover in the deep south in the early 1970s to fight school segregation.

On a humid summer day in 1972, Hillary Rodham walked into this town’s new private academy, a couple of cinder-block classrooms erected hurriedly amid fields of farmland, and pretended to be someone else.

Playing down her flat Chicago accent, she told the school’s guidance counselor that her husband had just taken a job in Dothan, that they were a churchgoing family and that they were looking for a school for their son.

The future Mrs. Clinton, then a 24-year-old law student, was working for Marian Wright Edelman, the civil rights activist and prominent advocate for children. Mrs. Edelman had sent her to Alabama to help prove that the Nixon administration was not enforcing the legal ban on granting tax-exempt status to so-called segregation academies, the estimated 200 private academies that sprang up in the South to cater to white families after a 1969 Supreme Court decision forced public schools to integrate.

While Hillary was undercover fighting for African-American schoolchildren, Trump was being sued for racial discrimination.

Trump employees had secretly marked the applications of minorities with codes, such as “No. 9” and “C” for “colored,” according to government interview accounts filed in federal court. The employees allegedly directed blacks and Puerto Ricans away from buildings with mostly white tenants, and steered them toward properties that had many minorities, the government filings alleged.

In October 1973, the Justice Department filed a civil rights case that accused the Trump firm, whose complexes contained 14,000 apartments, of violating the Fair Housing Act of 1968.

My final point is that we shouldn’t think that we’ve won this. We haven’t won this. Hillary is doing very well, and that’s great. But there’s a long time between now and the election, and anything can happen to rock the boat (more Russian-stolen Wikileaks emails come to mind). So be pleased things are going this well, but remain vigilant.

Follow me on Twitter & Facebook:

44 Responses to “Facebook Live: Giuliani promotes conspiracy theory that Hillary has brain damage”

1. Badgerite says:

You’re a sock puppet. And not even a good sock puppet. The word transparent comes to mind. You are not here for any purpose other than to divert people to your own sight so as to spew a lot of untrue crap without anyone contesting it.

2. Badgerite says:

Bless you !

Okay, we have had enough with your insulting others with ad hominem attacks, and we have been more than patient with your other shenanigans. You are banned.
    Goodbye.

4. Badgerite says:

I’m quite sure none of what you just said is true. It rings disingenuous and untrue. Sock puppet is not an insult. It is a description, and an accurate one, as to what you are doing here. You are trying to peel off votes from Clinton in the interests of increasing the chances of that horrible excuse for a human, the Trump Monster.

5. William Alexander says:

Ha! So, because I don’t agree with you, I am a “sock puppet troll”? Dude, what kind of mommy or daddy issues are you suffering from in life that have made you so eagerly bitter towards anyone and everyone who does not share your viewpoint?

I said that I was a former Bernie supporter now on the fence about supporting Trump because I can’t stand Hillary. Why do you take that so personally? My friend, the “sock puppet” is yourself, as you clearly swallow every bit of slush that your media throws at you.

What a sad way to live.

Remember this quote. It will serve you well…

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act”

Remember this quote from Orwell as you choke on the garbage that you are being fed. In the end, I probably will not support Trump, but your attitude towards anyone and everyone who thinks differently than you is no better than a racist hating another person for having a different SKIN COLOR than them. Your brand of hate is just that — rebranded racism, rebranded sexism, rebranded homophobia — redirected at people with different values than you, because it’s politically correct for you to do this.

The Trump Monster will probably win the election, and it will be due to people like you driving undecided voters away from Hillary, you fool.

Maybe the next time you are on the cusp of driving someone away, you will think back to this conversation, reel your butt-hurt, whiny, inner child in a little bit and realize that you are hurting your own party with your brand of hatred and divisiveness.

Enjoy yourself, idiot, while you preach of self righteousness and turn away the independents! Wow, never in my life…

6. William Alexander says:

Hey, I’m glad that you came around to having a real discussion on real issues with me. Your input is actually helping me make a choice, and I thank you for that.

Do me a favor, as I mentioned how the automatic insult mentality coming from that party that pushes “Stronger Together” was hypocritical — read my post in response to David below. Then read his scathing insult, calling me a Berniebot and attempting to insult my intelligence. It seemed to me like a “copy and paste” response to anyone who mentioned anything negative about HRC — and it is really, really, really counterproductive. It will send people the other way, trust me.

Do you think that people should be able to have an honest conversation about political discourse without resorting to name-calling and insult throwing? Why do we think this is necessary to do, and why does it only seem to happen when the person doing the insulting cannot truly counter the argument of the insultee with facts?

7. William Alexander says:

Okay, I am going to take this piece by piece, and I really appreciate getting to real discussion, by the way. So, thank you for that.

Okay, when I say she has lied for decades, allow me to specify my formerly unsupported declarative statement with one word: “Superpredators.”

HRC rode the “tough on crime” atmosphere of the 1990s while making up this completely racist statement to apply to young black kids who were stuck in the cycle of generational incarceration. Now, since the world figured out that warehousing offenders does nothing to help society’s REAL problem, HRC now comes out “against mass incarceration.” Perfect example of a propagated lie for decades that she participated in solely to advance her political career while legislation was being passed that put people in prison for LIFE SENTENCES for possession one form of cocaine instead of the “less dangerous” form (read “less dangerous to white America”) of powder. By the way, I’m part of white America, and I do not think that I should feel bad about my “privilege” of being born white, as some people suggesting that I do. I just hate racism in any way, shape, or form. I think it is just as disgusting as gay-bashing. And to me, it doesn’t matter if you are black hating white or white hating black. It’s all the same, it’s all hate, and it’s all bullshit. The “Superpredator” myth was something that HRC built up in the media to show that she was part of the “tough on crime” mentality of that era because it suited her politically. It was a lie then, it’s a lie now, and it’s disgusting that she ever was part of it. Any I don’t care what Trump has done with regard to this. He’s just as disgusting for the comments he has made with regards to race, but the question is — why isn’t anyone talking about HRCs past with this kind of stuff?

I think that it all needs to be out in the open, on both sides, so society can see that our two-party system is nothing but a myth. They come together when it benefits them, and fight over things that can benefit us. Think about it for a second. There is no “two-party” system. It’s an act, because it’s been proven that their single agenda can be easily pushed when the populace thinks that there is real competition. For a good breakdown of this, look up George Carlin’s comments on “choice” in America.

This is why we need more parties like Socialist Alt, the party that I belong to, to give Americans a real choice. As you mentioned earlier — as it stands right now, a vote for Jill Stein is a vote for Trump just the same as a vote for Johnson is a vote for HRC. But if we get third party candidates into Congress, the way it happens in other countries, then we have a real chance at real change.

As for the tax returns, I’ll admit you’ve got Trump there. He should’ve opened a foundation and funneled money from countries with obscene levels of human rights violations against women because of no other reason then the fact that they are women. Then, he should’ve had his daughter run for public office, stating that he “is with her.”

You’re right, though — he fucked up, there. But then again, he wasn’t planning on running for public office (or so he says), so he had no reason to make his tax returns politically palatable (like the alliteration there?), vis-a-vis opening up “The Trump Global Initiative.” Are you with me, here?

I don’t think that either of them are strong candidates, honestly. I’m definitely not going to try to degrade Hillary to make Trump look better. They both look like shit, smell like shit…must be shit.

What I want to know is….which one is going to work with Congress to get stuff accomplished? I honestly think that both of them are pretty strong, here. Trump has an established record of working to get deals done in business transactions and Hillary has an established record of working with Dems and Reps to get things done.

8. Badgerite says:

You have already in a previous reply identified yourself as a “Trump supporter”. So, obviously, you do not agree with me about the Trump Monster. You are a sock puppet troll. Go try to fool someone somewhere else.

9. Badgerite says:

Unsupported declarative statements do not make an argument or make the statement true.
    “Lied for decades”? Decades. That’s a long time. The Trump Monster has told more lies before breakfast than the whole country can manage in a year. And that is documented. Of all the candidates running, he is the one who takes away the Pants On Fire Award hands down. As Jon Aravosis has pointed out, Sandjay Gupta has critiqued is ‘doctor’s letter’ as absurd on the face of it. Not the kind of letter a doctor would write and not the language a doctor would use. The Trump Monster has been caught pretending to be a spokesperson , one John Barron, basically bragging to reporters about himself. Childishly absurd doesn’t even cover it.
    As Michael Bloomberg said, “I’m from New York. And I know a con when I see one.” And that has turned out to be incredibly true.
    This is a ‘man’ who is afraid to release his tax returns. Multiple choice. He is hiding:
    a) money flooding into his business coffers from Russia
    b) the fact that he hasn’t paid more than zero taxes in years
    c) his level of wealth is not what he says it is.
    d) all of the above.
    Hint: D
    The Trump Monster promotes nothing but his own interests.
    His family reminds me of a bunch of Medici wannabes.
    Of course Clinton can run on the basis of promoting change because that is what she has been doing her whole life.
    After Yale Law School she worked on the civil rights campaigns in the South. As First Lady she sought to get enacted a healthcare law that would have provided universal coverage. She has always been an advocate of civil rights, LBGT rights included. And as her party’s platform demonstrates she plans to be an leader for economics rights as well.
    She is the only candidate running who can produce progressive change.
    Unless, of course, you are more interested in the ‘change’ advocated by David Duke and the white supremacists who have found their national ‘savior’ in the Trump Monster. Then, by all means, vote what you would laughingly call your conscience.

Okay. We do not control the email notifications, Disqus does. They are the blog’s commenting platform, and they do their own thing. We have nothing to say about it.

11. William Alexander says:

Actually, the reason I interpreted this with contempt on your part is because I received notification about the “suffer the consequences” before I even received notification that you given my the initial warning about violating the rules.

That said, I never ignored your initial request — I simply did not get your initial request to stop including a reference to my blog until after I received the “suffer the consequences” message.

So, maybe there was no contempt here at all, just failure to properly deliver notifications in a chronological order, which led me to believe that you were issuing such a harsh warning to me without having first referenced the issue at hand.

I apologize for this interpretation on my part.

Thanks,
    William

It’s not contempt on our part. It is contempt that you are showing on your part by ignoring our initial request and continuing to include your link in your signature after being asked not to.
    Think it over.

Thank you.
    John Aravosis is the editor-in-chief and founder of AmericaBlog. If you go to ABlog’s front page, and click on the “Contact/Tips” at the top of the page, you will be able to email AmericaBlog.
    If you are on Facebook, you can also go to his Facebook page and either comment, or Private Message him. Or if you are on Twitter, you can contact him via that venue. Click on “About Us.”

14. William Alexander says:

I just can’t see how you say she is honest when she has openly lied for decades? Personally, I could care less if our government lies to us, they are going to do it anyway, be it in the name of “national security” or otherwise.

They are both utterly guilty of smear campaigns.

Now, I disagree with you about her being the best candidate this cycle. I think she may be the best “viable” candidate, though, and I think that may be all that matters.

But can we judge Trump for being politically incorrect when that’s been the core focus of his campaign? He’s only doing this because he knows he has struck a chord with his base.

The problem that no one wants to face is…both parties’ systematic raping of the American people over the year is the reason we have someone like Trump having a chance at being elected. Hillary has been in the government for over 25 years. So, she clearly cannot run on the basis of promoting “change.” No way, ever, should anyone believe that. So, are we to be okay with that next 4-8 years being more of the same bullshit that brought us to Trumpism? I don’t know, man. I really don’t. She is an agent of the system, and anyone who disagrees with that fact has some serious blinders on.

15. William Alexander says:

Big banks and nazis go hand in hand. Do some research on the rise of fascism.

I absolutely agree with you about your criticisms of Trump. Absolutely, without a doubt. I just wonder if we can allow someone who is owned by the banks to be our president anymore that we can allow someone who is an incompetent douche. You know what I mean, here? I think we are literally faced with choosing shit or choosing shit, and I don’t think that we have a good choice either way.

This is why my Party has advocated for us to leave the presidential election alone and focus on down-ticket races, as it’s the only way we are going to see real change.

Do you have any thoughts here? I’m glad we could get past the initial contempt and move on to a conversation that really matters.

By the way, I am the president of my university’s law society. As such, I have been asked who I support time and time again. Because I understand the gravity of having 665 people listening to my suggestions, I have not made any sort of response to this question, nor have I directed my members to my blog or any media, for that matter.

That’s why I have turned to these forums to get honest feedback. It’s very hard for my to support HRC and it’s just as hard to fathom supporting Trump. I think my answer is going to have to be to tell my members the same thing; to focus on the at-home, down-ticket races.

Thanks,
    Williiam

16. William Alexander says:

Hi Everyone,

Because of some responses I have received which have been insulting in nature (simply because I do not gobble up the views we are being spoonfed), I have found it necessary to post the following:

1. I am not a “Berniebot.” I get it that he lost, and I am fine with that.
    2. I am a proud socialist. I do not apologize for this.
    3. I believe that Hillary Clinton committed a violation of the United States Code (aka Federal Statutes) by employing gross negligence (extreme carelessness, per the FBI) when it came to handling the secrets of our nation.
    4. I think that Donald Trump is putting on a show in order to energize a certain portion of the electorate. I think this move is wrong and is the reason why everyone believes he is a racist.
    5. I have been visiting websites with blogs leaning to the left and to the right with the sole purpose of looking for guidance as to who I should lend my support to in the presidential campaign. I do NOT take this lightly, and I am dead serious when I ask for help.
    6. So far, the only responses I have received have been scathing insults as to my personal character because I have challenged the beliefs of others.
    7. HRC runs a campaign based on being “Stronger Together.” I thought this meant that my viewpoints would be accepted, not dragged through the mud. I am thoroughly disappointed with how HRCs supporters have spoken to me. There has been no inclusion, no room for my views, nothing of the sort. I have several hundred former Bernie supporters that I reach out to on a daily basis. We are ALL looking for a candidate to throw our support behind. So far, Trump’s supporters have been welcoming, even though our views are in direct opposite of theirs; while HRCs supporters have attacked our character at every chance given to them. This is a complete contradiction to how I thought we would be accepted. Please help to change this.

Thanks so much,
    William

17. William Alexander says:

Hi David,

Wow, the contempt that you have for me for not sharing your views is utterly disturbing. That’s the problem that I have with the entire HRC movement.

Let’s thoroughly dissect your indictment of my character, here.

First, I have spent YEARS following HRC AND Bill, and I used to absolutely love them. I watched Elizabeth Warren give a very candid description of how “fast” a learner Hillary was on issues followed by how fast she could change her mind so long as her needs were suited.

Also, you call me a “Berniebot,” once again proving my point that this entire movement resorts to name calling and insults as soon as someone does not swallow what you are serving.

I am NOT a “Berniebot.” As a matter of fact, my views are actually much farther to the left than Bernie. I am a true born and bred socialist, my friend; and very proud of this fact. Bernie just happened to be the closest we will ever get to having a socialist in the White House.

I understand that he lost, and I am fine with it. It seems like your scathing, name calling response to me was simply some cut and paste response you have given to others, as the response actually does not embody or address anything I said, sadly enough.

Next, let’s talk about your “biased sources.” Could you spend ten minutes looking at the opposition from a nonbiased source? I don’t use internet memes from anything, except the one I used on my blog where I mentioned that Infowars was actually DEAD WRONG about some “Parkinson’s” drug they mentioned HRC was taking.

How can you honestly believe that a woman who spent her career as a trained, certified, criminal defense attorney should be able to claim ignorance of the law with regards to handling classified information? That’s like a surgeon claiming he doesn’t know the definition of “incision.” How can you swallow the crap that they feed you?

I challenge you, my friend, to take your own advice. Do your own “nonbiased” investigation of these candidates and follow your own conscience to where it leads? You claim to support a candidate who shares a slogan of “Stronger Together,” yet you try to alienate me because my beliefs are different than yours?

I asked for help in understanding why I should support HRC, and instead I got a bunch of insults. Sadly enough, you and your other likeness Badgerite are pushing me further and further away from Clinton, as your responses to simple statements that challenge your almighty viewpoints as gospel are somehow regarded as blasphemous against your queen.

Nah, man…seriously. I’d love to get back behind HRC. Show me where to look that will prove that she is not in the pocket of the banks. Show me credible sources, and I will investigate and throw my support behind her.

But I assure you — I am NOT a “Berniebot.” I have a large base of people who are also on the fence. I suggest that you show me why voting for Hillary is the right choice, and you may be able to be responsible for hundreds of votes going her way. However, if you keep responding with insults of my character, simply because I posted something that you do not think is “gospel,” shows that there is no substance behind the movement. I challenge you — PROVE ME WRONG. This is something that I am very emotionally vested in, it’s not a joke to me. I want to vote for the right candidate, but…. ugh, just please, show me that there is more to this movement than insulting the other side.

Thanks,
    William
    ((((((((((((((REFERENCE TO MY OWN WEBSITE CENSORED PER THE REQUEST OF THE MODERATOR)))))))))))

18. William Alexander says:

Hi Moderator4,

As referenced below, your warning has been received and noted. I actually have no idea who this John Aravosis is, so I will seek his permission before using my automated Disqus signature.

19. William Alexander says:

@Moderator4:disqus

I apologize for including my blog in my signature, but why do you find the need to address me with such contempt? Suffer the consequences? You are moderating for a site that claims to “need your vote” for a great nation. Is this the way you think your subjects should be addressed?

Edited.
    William Alexander, you were warned not to add your website to your comments.
    Don’t do it again, or you will suffer the consequences.

21. Badgerite says:

Right at the moment I don’t see anyone going to trump in troves.
    But maybe they are imaginary. Who knows.
    You have a “problem with the big banks” . Uh huh. I have a problem with David Duke and the blatant neo fascist appeals of trump.
    I prefer big banks to Nazis and white supremacists. And I don’t really care what trump’s personal proclivities are in that area. He enables, encourages and validates such racist and fascist sentiments, not to mention being an obviously incompetent douche. For me, the minute he got on a stage and mocked a person with Spina Bifida, he was immediately beyond the pale. An ‘apology’ does not suffice.
    You simply don’t do that kind of thing and be allowed to represent tha United States of America. I wouldn’t vote for him for dog catcher.
    He’d probably sell them abroad for meat.

22. Badgerite says:

No we do not. I am voting for Hilary Clinton because she is the best candidate running for the Presidency this election cycle.
    This is not a ‘purity contest’. This is a job. And someone is going to fill it. And of all the people running right now, I think Hilary Clinton is the only one who could do the job and do it well.
    What’s more, I have always known that she was an honest and authentic person. I have watched the GOP smear machine go after her for decades. Having some knowledge in the field, I also know that she has never done anything to warrant that. It is political smear mongering. And I am disgusted by it, no matter who is doing it.

23. David Greenberg says:

As a true Berniebot, you need to grow up and face reality. Bernie lost. Get over it. Railing against HRC, spewing Tparty like memes culled from fox news and Breitbart, makes you look like a petulant kid, not the erudite individual you perceive yourself to be. If you would spend ten minutes reading about HRC , from a non biased source, you would find that the false equivalencies you have been tossing into the mix, between her and Trump are totally false. I don’t expect you to vote for her, but let it be on your conscience that not voting or voting for a third party candidate is a vote for Trump. If he is elected, don’t come back here pissing and moaning about how bad things are as it will all fall on deaf ears.

24. William Alexander says:

You share my brother’s name, which is what brought me to your post.

I think that we do ourselves a disservice when we say “Republics have mental illnesses” or “Democrats are idiots.”

I, personally, do not line up with either major political party, so what does that make me? I happen to be fiscally, somewhat conservative; but socially, I am VERY liberal. theseThis probably puts me rather far left of center on the grand scheme of things. However, for president, so far I cannot find any reason to support Clinton. Rather, the party that I belong to (Socialist Alt) has suggested to members that we go down the tickets and support those down-ticket candidates that share our views — basically leaving the presidential election to those who wish to focus so heavily upon the partisan politics of this current race. I think will will have to concur with my party leaders, leaving Trump v. Clinton in the hands of those who will do nothing but resort to calling others names for the simple fact that they do not share the same points of view as the namecallers.

I agree with you that the Trump campaign is a psychotic break, but I think that more good can be accomplished by helping to elect those who share our views instead of bringing down those who do not.

Thanks,

William

25. William Alexander says:

See, I agree with you here wholeheartedly, and have no problem saying it. It just makes me wonder, since I agree with you, does that make me a “free thinking individual” or does it make us both “sock puppets”?

My point is, man, try not to call people names just because we may not agree with you about Hillary Clinton? To be honest with you, I can’t stand her or Trump, but I wish you would come up with some better reason for me to throw my support for Bernie behind Mrs. Clinton other than calling me names because I don’t swallow the ready-made source of shit being spoon-fed to us by this same media that you seem to distrust the same as I do…

Think about it for a second, we come from the same school of thought, here.

26. William Alexander says:

No, friend, I am in no way a “sock puppet” for anyone, Trump, Clinton, or Sanders; and I think that is the problem that you have with me, actually.

What I am is a criminal defense legal professional who understands the way that legislation is written. I suggest you do the same before you act like you know something you do not.

I do not shovel down liberal or conservative ready-made answers, and that seems to bother you.

The problem is — I am a former Sanders supporter looking where to turn after he conceded defeat, and your answer is to call me names because I insulted your queen. Don’t you see that this sort of behavior is the sort or behavior that will turn people away from Clinton and to Trump in troves? The sort of behavior to where, if you can’t answer my concerns, you resort to calling names (sock puppet and ham sandwich).

I suggest that you read the US Code section on mishandling classified information,

Now — perhaps there is an intelligent Clinton supporter out there who would like to help me understand why I should take my support from Bernie and give is to Clinton. As I mentioned, I am a full-on socialist, of the Eugene Debs type, I just have trouble with her support for big banks and the like.

Anyone, please? Anyone that can resort to having a proper political discourse without resorting to calling names because you have no other route to take? Please! This is actually a very, very important election. Before we throw our country to the pits of hell, lets have an honest discussion while RESPECTING one another!

27. Teresagwallace1 says:

<<hp.. ★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★✫★★::::::!il737r:….,……..

Unless you receive permission from John Aravosis, please stop referencing your own website.

29. Badgerite says:

Sock puppet. Go away. Bernie Sanders was an honored participant at the Democratic Convention. His views and positions are all over the Democratic Party Platform and he supports Hilary Clinton for the presidency and achieving a Democratic majority in both houses of Congress because he clearly cares deeply about the future of the country.
    And when it comes to issues like global warming ( see alarm bells from NASA ) there is no time to waste. This country cannot squander another decade like it did during the Bush administration. It is time to ensure that the Paris Climate Agreement stays intact and is carried out. Politics matters to the lives of people. And the future.
    “There are lives in the balance”.

30. Badgerite says:

You are a sock puppet trying to peel off Sanders supporters who are gullible enough to fall for the “felony” crap. Clinton committed no felonies. Of any kind. Anytime. Anywhere. Least of all with her email server. She didn’t kill Vince Foster. The culprits in that one were his long struggle with clinical depression and the “blood sport” ( Vince Foster’s words to describe it) that was the Whitewater ‘investigation ( see witch hunt) run by Ken Starr. The Clintons were investors in the Whitewater Land Development who lost the money they invested just like everyone else. She did not “pin” anything on Colin Powell because there is nothing to “pin”. Comey was one of the GOP lawyers who received ‘full employment’ from the Whitewater witch hunt. Were there charges to be made, he would certainly have made them.
    Yes you can indict a ham sandwich. But it is not a proper use of government resources since it is not illegal to be a ham sandwich.

31. Raman says:

Poor baby John, so upset someone is lying about Hillary! Meanwhile, you continue to lie about Jill Stein, saying she’s anti-vaccine, anti-science, and anti-Bernie. You have no value as a pundit.

32. William Alexander says:

You can’t possibly sit there with a straight face and say that the average citizen would’ve been acquitted of all charges, should an investigation regarding mishandling of classified information were to come up against him/her, now could you?

If so, I hope you never find yourself on the wrong side of that argument.

Mrs. Clinton unlawfully handled classified information, plain and simple.

I am a former Bernie supporter, so any argument that I am a Trump shill should be dismissed there.

I am seriously worried about our country, that our choices for president happen to be two candidates who clearly suffer from narcissistic personality disorder (watch how many times Trump or Clinton mention “I, me, my” in one of their speeches) coupled with one of them being a civil fraudster (Trump University) and the other being a straight up criminal (Whitewater, classified information, etc).

I think that we have to look toward the congressional race in order to find candidates that share our values and get them elected. Unfortunately, no matter where we fall on the spectrum, one of those values that I am looking for HAS to be one of “being willing to work with whichever administration makes it to the White House in order to foster positive change in our country.”

I am honestly scared for our country. Hillary will have to pay Goldman Sachs back by making appointments of their high-level staff to positions that control the monetary policy of the country; and Trump….who knows?

We should all respect each other, regardless of our differences of opinion — in order to foster this conversation on how to achieve positive growth, as a society, as communities, and as nations.

It scares me that we can allow Hillary to break the laws of our land and not only make it through unscathed, but actually be contemplating electing a known criminal as our president. My main concern is that, if we allow someone who breaks our laws to become our president, we essentially christen her our QUEEN, since the only person historically above the law has been the monarch.

However, I want to have an honest discussion with respect to all views. I am the president of my university’s Law Society as well, so I have quite a bit of experience with respectfully managing different points of view.

I look forward to hearing from you on the Trump/Hillary issue, as well as hearing from you on our blog.

William Alexander

33. William Alexander says:

Hi,

First and foremost, in the spirit of full disclosure, I must say that I am a reluctant Trump supporter, and a VERY FERVENT former Bernie supporter. I have not been able to put my support behind Hillary because of the blatant felony that she committed and got away with as well as the fact that she is beholden to so many special interests, they will all get a piece of her before we see any service done for the American people.

Like I said, though, I am a RELUCTANT Trump supporter. Most of my views fall completely in line with far-left socialism (honestly) that with anything else seen in American politics. I am actually a card-carrying member of the Socialist Alternative Party — the Party behind the Seattle Councilwoman who was behind that city’s hike to a $15.00 minimum wage. My Party superiors have advised me to support whoever I desire for the presidency while urging me to turn my focus to the congressional races.

I do not want to support Trump. That’s why I am on pro-left blogs looking for any reason that I can to throw my support behind Hillary. But the problem is, the only thing I am finding is a bunch of hate-filled rhetoric about Trump being racist and hate-filled, and honestly; that strikes me as very, very contradictory.

I think that we have to all treat each other with respect — regardless of our differences of opinion — in order to foster any kind of positive growth, as a society, as communities, and as nations. In the spirit of this, I have my own start-up blog, RDS Politics, which can be found at http://rdspolitics.weebly.com. We are looking for contributors from every part of the political spectrum, from far-right to far-left and everywhere in between.

I invite you to take a look at some of the posts I have written. I will warn you — they do not look kindly upon the felonies that Hillary has committed. My main concern is that, if we allow someone who breaks our laws to become our president, we essentially christen her our QUEEN, since the only person historically above the law has been the monarch.

William Alexander

34. William Alexander says:

We knew this election was going to be one where both candidates went below the belt on each other, so why are we surprised that the Trump camp is pushing the health issue of Hillary? Hell, they are both pushing the…later…years of life as it is. I’m honestly surprised that they have not pushed the health issues of each other even more than they have? By the time we are done, Hillary will be branded as a Reptilian-controlled shell of an Alzheimer’s victims controlled by an alien race while Trump will have been verified to be Hitler incarnate.

What does it boil down to? A bunch of bullshit on the part of each campaign.

Unfortunately, ladies and gentlemen, we are faced with two very flawed candidates. I personally was a Bernie Sanders supporter and was appalled to watch him blindly follow the leader the same way that our “liberal darling” Elizabeth Warren did.

I am now supporting Trump because I can’t stand Hillary. I think that he is honestly going to end up being more liberal than she is, in the end. I just can’t get past the fact that she is beholden to Wall Street, and that is a dealbreaker for me.

The important thing here is the congressional election, and I think that once we begin to focus more clearly on them, the more can be done for our nation.

I have my own start-up blog, RDS Politics, which can be found at http://rdspolitics.weebly.com. I started the blog because I see so many that are so far left or right that they cannot appreciate the good that the other side can bring to the table.

I do NOT believe in negative rhetoric, such as the kind being employed by both sides in the presidential race, although I understand that it is necessary in tough races. I do not think, though, that we have to react to our fellow Americans in such decisive manners.

So, while I expect to be called names for supporting Trump, I want those who do the name-calling to know that I will not react in-kind, but rather, I will react with respect. More than likely, we have the same exact views, just support different presidential candidates. I am, by no means, a die-hard Trump supporter. As I mentioned above — I WAS a die-hard Bernie supporter. It’s just Hillary’s masters of Goldman Sachs being too much for me to swallow. If you can show me evidence to the contrary — please, by all means. I WANT to be part of the supportive team that elects our first woman president, I just can’t get behind_this_woman as it stands right now.

I look forward to future conversation where positive change can be fostered.

Thanks,
    William

35. Badgerite says:

“Squirrel”!!!!!

36. Badgerite says:

The Trump Monster is out again today tweeting nasty stuff about Joe Scarborough and the Morning Joe show. Of all things. Thin skinned doesn’t even cover it. He can’t even restrain himself for more than a day or two and he starts back doing that stupid, juvenile overgrown bullying rich kid shit.
    What kind of an adult running for the presidency does this? Answer: an unhinged one.
    Unfit. Unqualified. Downright dangerous to the country. And he knows it.

37. Badgerite says:

There are always a certain percentage of people who think that soap operas are real.
    There isn’t much that can be done about that. But Chris Matthews and the press should not be in that category. And they should be called out when they further the spread of pure fabrications. Man, our ‘watchdog’ press is so utterly toothless sometimes it makes me go,,,,HMMMMM.

38. Colin says:

“Borderline personality disorder?” The Trump train left the rails years ago. But since baseless rumors are the current style , I believe we should have some pity for Trump. Being buggered by the family dog when one is 12 tends to take a mental toll . And that secret brothel he keeps in his basement is indicative of someone who is torn. And I really don’t think it to be fair that we put all the blame for Zika and bedbugs on Donald. He has to travel after all ! And I do not for a moment think that the reason he wears such long ties is so that the pointy end will lay directly above his crotch. These are terrible rumors and I for one will not stoop so low as to repeat them.

39. rmthunter says:

The scary part is, as we saw with Willie Horton and the Swiftboaters, it’s going to stick. Such media luminaries as Chris Matthews are already working overtime to keep this BS alive and in front of everyone, and there is always a certain percentage of voters who will believe it.

Here’s what they’re doing: Live-world focus-group testing of whatever it takes to discredit and delegitimize Hillary Clinton as President. With Obama, these GOP ghouls settled on citizenship and religion. With Clinton, they’re trying to make like she’s the one with neurological problems, no doubt because that’s what a LOT of people are asking about Trump. It’s 2016’s version of Swift Boating.

What Trump and the rest of his Republican goons are doing is pure and utter bullshit, the absolute lowest form of gutter politics, and needs to be called out as such.

41. David Greenberg says:

HRC sat through an eleven hour grilling by the bullshit Benghazi committee which found nothing. It is unimaginable that Trump or Guliani could sit and answer questions for eleven minutes. Trump clearly suffers from narcissistic personality disorder and Rudy is simply in the initial to middle stages of old age related dementia. This group is unhinged and would pull the whole country down with them. They know no shame.

42. emjayay says:

Seriously, Trump does not have any kind of actual mental illness. He’s just an ignorant jerk who has never had to progress beyond being a middle school bully (the result of his upbringing that far) but rather has been enabled and rewarded throughout his entire life for continuing to be that guy.

43. If there is any mental illness in this election, it definitely has (R) after it’s name, up and down the ticket. The Trump campaign is a walking, talking psychotic break.

“Who says?”

44. Jimmy says:

This man is beyond disgusting and pathetic.