Who exactly does Bernie Sanders consider a “Democratic whore”?

At a Bernie Sanders rally in New York City tonight, a speaker on stage just referred to Democrats as “whores.”

The speaker was Dr. Paul Song, a healthcare advocate, and executive chairman of the Courage Campaign, who is married to journalist Lisa Ling. Song has now apologized, after his words blew up the Internet.

MSNBC political reporter Alex Seitz-Wald was there:

Speaker at Bernie Sanders rally: “Please do not believe the bullshit… the status quo sucks.”

Adds that we need to kick out the “corporate Democratic whores” and replace them with “Bernie-crats.”

by default 2016-04-13 at 7.46.40 PM

UPDATE: The full context is now available. In my opinion, it makes things even worse. While Song says he meant to criticize Congress, Congress is not mentioned at all. Hillary is:

by default 2016-04-14 at 10.33.12 AM

Song has since apologized:

paul-song-sanders

Note that Song did not simply use the word “whore,” but they added the word “Democrat.”

There are a few problems here.

1. When you’re opponent is a woman, it’s probably not a good idea to call the people you’re running against “whores.”

2. Throwing in the word “Democratic” before the word “whore” makes things even worse. Some on Twitter are claiming that Sanders’ speaker simply meant “corporate whores.” But that’s not what they said — they said “Democratic whores.” That was meant as a slur against Democrats generally, from someone who isn’t a Democrat, and doesn’t like Democrats.

So the question remains whether Sanders agrees with his speaker at his own rally that Democrats are whores generally, or whether there are specific Democratic whores who Bernie Sanders has a problem with — Congress, President Obama, and/or Hillary Clinton herself?

Which Democratic whores in particular does Bernie Sanders have a problem with?

This is the kind of language that you’d expect a Trump rally, and not at the rally of someone who promised to be better and different, but of late has become nothing more than the same old thing.

UPDATE: The next morning, Bernie Sanders apologized as well. Which is an interesting turn, as up  until now Sanders has refused to take responsibility for his surrogates’ inappropriate comments:

by default 2016-04-14 at 10.35.24 AM

Follow me on Twitter: @aravosis  — Win a pony! (not really)

797 Responses to “Who exactly does Bernie Sanders consider a “Democratic whore”?”

1. Anna Mouse says:

One with links to supporting information? The article does have that, oh person who posts “stories” from some guy/gal “reporting” from their parent’s basement. Usually reporting some discredited Republican smear my conservative Tea Party uncle sent to me about 2 to 3 years ago.

2. R.a. Massey says:

I believe Mike_in_the_Tundra meant a credible source.

3. R.a. Massey says:

At least when President Carter does this he has the decency to get a bit dirty and sweat.

4. R.a. Massey says:

HiIIary has 8 years of 1st Lady on her resume. She refers to her “work” during that period frequently.
    Which is it? She was working and is subject to criticism or she wasn’t and is immune to it. Pick one.

5. Tyler says:

When real political struggle is happening and people are passionate. things are not going to stay perfectly polite and PC. Everyone knows what he meant, Democrats who take orders from corporate interests in exchange for money. Tisk tisk you uses “innapropriate” language. Meanwhile people are suffering and dying for lack of healthcare.

6. Luis Aanndd says:

Time for someone to have a nap. Sexism looks good on you, holding her to her husbands deeds.

7. Anna Mouse says:

Refusing to listen to any negative information of your fearless leader, is how crappy politicians get into office.

8. Anna Mouse says:

HRC, the former Secretary of State will
    survive your hate as she has the hate of others for the last few
    decades. No evidence to condemn, but you condemn her totally. Why are
    you so bias against her while you give Bernie carte blanche? He has done
    nothing for the middle class or POC in his 50 years
    Heck, he can’t even manage to run his campaign without incurring multiple FEC violations.
    “FEC releases damning 639 pages of violations by Bernie Sanders campaign” – http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/5/11/1525428/-FEC-releases-damning-639-pages-of-violations-by-Bernie-Sanders-campaign

9. Theorn says:

That’s just plain silly ^. A campaign image of a liar in a Christmas elf outfit. How does that picture even begin to demonstrate that she’s been “working” for the middle class?

10. Theorn says:

You clearly didn’t even read this “article” let alone an actual source.

11. TXDem1945 says:

calling someone a whore is, at best unhelpful. At worst, inviting reprisal.
    better to build bridges, rather than try to burn them.

12. pbr90 says:

Solicitors seeking support outside their traditional territory, a poacher?
    Most of the terms used, and their relationships need review in the Democratic Party campaign, by objective measure.

13. Fiasco Linguini says:

I think you would have much more productive conversations if you quoted whatever specific item you’re responding to. Like when you say “another lie” as a complete sentence with no indication of what statement you’re referring to. That has been a big part of our miscommunication. I can only guess what you’re thinking. Then you assert that my reading comprehension is low when it is your poor writing skills that are the problem. You would do yourself a favor, and save yourself frustration, by communicating more clearly.

I had to google “Bernie supporters attacked at the GOP convention in California” to guess what you’re talking about, since you didn’t bother to cite a source. I found http://www.progressivestoday.com/bernie-supporters-verbally-abuse-trump-supporters-leaving-rally/, which I guess is what you’re referring to. I don’t condone these people’s actions, and I don’t think the majority of Bernie supporters would either. And you most certainly won’t see Bernie Sanders supporting it. But, you love to generalize and demonize, so I don’t expect you to believe me.

Do you condone everything every Hillary supporter has ever said and done? I don’t think so. Yet you seem to insist that every Bernie supporter is guilty of what every other Bernie supporter has said and done.

Bernie won 69% of the Democrats Abroad global primary. You should check out The World in Support of Bernie Sanders Facebook page. His policies are aligned with much of Northern Europe, where the standard of living is better than the US. Where they have universal healthcare and tuition free college. These are not rainbows and unicorns as the GOP and Hillbots say; if other countries can do it, so can we. I think that even you can agree that we should be spending more on infrastructure and less on the military. I’m sad that we don’t seem to agree on whether it’s acceptable for Wall Street, Big Pharma, the Military Industrial Complex, and other corporate lobbyists to have such control over our country. You seem to agree with the GOP on what is truly the core issue of this political revolution.

You say you already explained everything but you’ve avoided all my questions. The questions highlight the gaps in your logic, and your outright lies. You’ve accused me of lying many times, but you’ve never pointed out any specific evidence to back it up. You lied when you said “A Bernie surrogate uses the word whore and you defend it and try to validate it as a positive meaning.” When I called you out on this lie, you just said that I implied it, as if that was some sort of refutation. When I asked how I implied it, you just ignored the subject because you have nothing.

I’m sorry if I ranted on, but I was just responding to your scattershot attacks. If you had focused on the core issues, this wouldn’t have become such a tedious argument.

14. Niki says:

More responses from the Bernie Sander supporter handbook. Make fun of the person who shows you the truth and laugh it off. You make it painfully obvious everything goes in one year and out the other. I don’t need your “I feel sorry for you”. I don’t feel sorry for you because I know your incapable of taking self responsibility.

Actually you didn’t but keep on lying to yourself to make yourself feel better. I don’t even know why you keep asking questions when you know you can’t handle the answers. I read the article and it’s wrong like so much you have written. Funny how your response to my articles is to call them emotional hyperbole and to dismiss the medium article with an article attacking the author for being a lawyer and working with hedge funds. Everything written was true but since you can’t combat it you decide to attack her career and character.

“Really, a progressive puts the good of everyone above their personal agenda” Now that is hilarious. Calling super delegates and attacking other party supporters with threats and violence. Let’s not ignore how the progressive/Bernie supporters attacked at the GOP convention in California. Attacking cops and destroying property. Yeah I really see the good for everyone in that. All you do is give Trump more ammunition. Asking me what attacks show’s you’re blindness. You willingly (as I’ve said before) choose to ignore it and justify bad behavior.

” “Another lie. I haven’t heard (insert Bernie camps juvenile name calling)
    in this election. Classic example as do what I say and not what I do.” WTF are you trying to say here? Did you drink too much Chardonnay before you wrote that?”
    Is your reading comprehension really that low? You guys use name calling and insults when you don’t get your way. Along with threats, violence, and spreading lies like you are doing now. Accusing me of being drunk because you don’t like what I wrote by calling you out on your B.S. isn’t surprising. Another classic tactic from Bernie supporters.

Another example of your closed mindedness is not knowing what the world thinks. There are many Hillary supporters but they just don’t respond to people such as yourself because it’s like talking to a brick wall with that hurls insults and threats at you. If you actually watched foreign news you’d know the world wants Hillary to become President because she is the best choice. The only country that wants Trump is Russia. The only ones laughing at your lies are GOPer’s who are more laughing at you for believing their Hillary smears and fellow green tea party followers (progressives) such as yourself.

I already explained everything but you choose to ignore it and continue on ranting about nothing. You just want to justify hating everyone who doesn’t agree with your mind set. No I won’t answer you last paragraph of questions because you already proved you don’t care about my responses. Why should I continue responding to someone who has their eyes shut with their fingers in their ears? If you want to continue responding go ahead. I won’t because I have better things to do with my time then respond to another Bernie extremist who can’t handle reality.

15. Fiasco Linguini says:

Your responses become more and more laughably inept; I feel sorry for you. There is so much wrong with that last one, it would probably take me hours to explain how stupid it all is. You’re clearly too pig-headed to listen to anything I have to say, so I feel silly wasting my time on you. I’ve already answered every question in your last post before you wrote it; you simply don’t understand what I’ve written out of sheer stupidity, or refuse to understand it out of sheer spite. Do yourself a favor and have someone read the whole thread and explain it to you.

I’ll bet you didn’t bother to look at the link I gave you, which provides actual information on why so many people feel that Hillary is a corrupt politician. I’m familiar with the first one you gave me: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/surprise-author-of-viral-becoming-anti-bernie-piece-is-corporate-lawyer-who-defends-hedge-funds/. The others are equally lean on facts and are full of emotional hyperbole. You’re kidding yourself if you think that tripe will convince anyone with common sense into joining the dark side.

How did I imply that “corporate whore” has a “positive meaning?” I never did. I called your lie out and you continue to support your blatant lie. And you justify it by calling me a liar (many times) without a shred of evidence. Apparently for you, the definition of a liar is anyone who doesn’t support Hillary.

And you don’t know what a progressive is? That’s hilarious! Hillary claimed to take a back seat to no one on being a progressive, so you should know that. She lied though. Really, a progressive puts the good of everyone above their personal agenda – the opposite of Hillary. The political revolution is truly progressive. Hillary is just a corrupt politician who will say anything to trick you into voting for her so she can pursue her personal agenda at the expense of the 99%, with the collusion of her corporate friends. She’s hardly discernible from the Republicans when it comes to war and the economy. She just uses politically expedient issues like abortion and lgbt rights to convince low information voters like yourself to back her right wing military and economic agenda.

What physical attacks have you seen from the Bernie camp? Or is that another fabrication of yours?

“Another lie. I haven’t heard (insert Bernie camps juvenile name calling)

I don’t recall telling you what you can say. I did call you out on your strawman argument, which you seem to do habitually. Perhaps you are offended when people call out your lack of reasoning skills?

Shift what blame? Really, take it easy on the drunk posting, your writing is incomprehensible.

Bernie’s major donors are unions; Hillary’s are the biased mainstream media, Wall Street, and other evil corporations. Your assertion that he’s anywhere near as corrupt her is laughable. Almost as ridiculous as saying he’s the one who’s famous for flip-flopping. Everyone in the world laughs at Hillary’s long history of flip-flopping. Your cognitive dissonance is monumental!

So we poisoned Bernie’s mind? What has he said that seems so poisoned? What exactly are you referring to when you say he’s “like this?” Like what? What is he being like? Can you answer that? That’s the only thing I’m actually curious about. The rest of this is just re-explaining to you what I’ve already explained before. I might as well be trying to teach calculus to a donkey.

16. Niki says:

You implied it and support it. Funny. A liar calling me a liar. A liar who willing believes lies to justify hating someone for no reason. Sums up the Bernie camp. My whole response was against the word whore and now you’re saying I view it as a compliment? Grasping at straws are we?

I made it clear what it means but you insist on changing it’s meaning from the general given definition. Once again I’d like to point out how you lie to justify a lie.

Progressives seem to be the equivalent of the tea party. Cyber bullying, physical attacks, and slandering others. You put your own personal agenda against the good of everyone.

Another lie. I haven’t heard (insert Bernie camps juvenile name calling) in this election. Classic example as do what I say and not what I do. Don’t tell me what I can say if you don’t want me doing the same to you. No need to try and blame another camp for a bad decision. I have noticed that as a key tactic from the Bernie camp. Shift the blame. What movement? You attack those who don’t agree with you. Bernie and his wife would also fall into the corruption if you are talking in general terms about corrupt politicians.

News flash. Bernie is also connected to all those. “It is willfully blind to deny that.” Bernie is notorious for flip-flopping on issues. Since when is it a crime to change your mind? I guess the supreme court should make gay marriage illegal again.

There is to many for me to go over but I will say Bernie is in bed with the NRA, approves of boondoggles, and is in bed with big business. If he didn’t act so high and mighty I wouldn’t even care but like I said before you people and him act like he’s untouchable and some type of messiah. Also Jane funneled money from the university she used to work at. Yeah you don’t know me. I knew of Bernie before he ran and I used to like him until this election. He was decent until his extremist following and the people working for him poisoned his mind. Or maybe I was wrong and he was like this all along. You’re probably the one who just heard of him now and fell in love with his rainbow filled promises.

You would do well to read these:

17. Fiasco Linguini says:

“A Bernie surrogate uses the word whore and you defend it and try to validate it as a positive meaning.” This is an outright lie. I never said it had a positive meaning. Like Hillary, you lie and you know it, and you don’t care that it’s a lie. Unless you consider “corrupt” to be a compliment? That would explain a lot about Hillary and her followers.

I made it very clear from the beginning what it means. Maybe you should re-read what I actually wrote, rather than putting words in my mouth and arguing with your strawman. And then you go on to assert that I’m a Trump fan, an assertion you completely pulled out of your ass.

Single Payer Healthcare was a non-starter because of all the corporate whores, but clearly Dr. Song was most frustrated by the Democrat ones, because they are the ones who should have been promoting it.

Democrats have voted against progressive legislation on many occasions, and they deserve to be called out for it. IMO, they don’t get a free pass just because they’re Dems. But you put party above principle.

I used the term “horse in the race” because so many Hillbots seem to view the election as a horse race – it’s a personality cult. You don’t seem to get that Bernie’s campaign is not about him, it’s about the movement that We the People need to fix the corrupt political system that we have. Our elected representatives aren’t representing us anymore, they’re only working for their donors. That’s the main thing. That’s the root of all our problems. Follow the money. And it applies to both parties.

Hillary’s ties to Wall Street, NAFTA, TPP, fracking, GMOs, regime change, Keystone Pipeline, etc. etc. etc*. are Not Progressive. Those millions she gets from the most evil corporations comes with strings; it is willfully blind to deny that. If it was any other politician, you would see that. She is notorious for flip-flopping on issues as the wind changes. Obama himself called her out for that; she’ll say anything, and change nothing. She is firmly pro-establishment. That’s not slander, that’s common knowledge (to everyone but Hillbots).

So tell me why you think Bernie is “dirty,” since you brought it up. He has been consistently fighting for the little guy and calling out corrupt establishment shills his entire political career. He doesn’t take $ from corrupt corporations and billionaires like Hillary does. It seems you made up your mind who to vote for before you ever heard of Bernie, and never gave him a fair hearing.

* dailykos.com/story/2016/2/18/1487045/-Eight-MORE-Ways-Hillary-Betrayed-the-Trust-of-Progressives

18. Niki says:

And here lays out why Bernie and his supporters have lost and ostracized themselves from the people they begged and attacked to vote for Bernie.

A Bernie surrogate uses the word whore and you defend it and try to validate it as a positive meaning. Pure idiocy.

Except he didn’t. He chose to specifically call Democrats corporate whores. If Donald Trump refrained from singling out specific minorities I’m sure you’d be cheering for him. Well you probably already cheering for him.

I will do anything? You will do anything to believe Bernie isn’t dirty and that Hillary is because it helps you sleep better at night.

Just because some of his supporters are only fans of progressive women doesn’t support your arguement that he isn’t sexist. Some of Donald Trump’s supporters support conservative and tea party women like Sarah Palin.

Not a term but okay. “Deny that your horse in the race is corrupt”. You could have just said your “politician”.

Clearly you can’t read. I already gave you examples of calling someone out of their name. Debate? You don’the want a debate. You just want to slander Hillary and her supporters.

If you call out a corrupt politician then it should be true. You’really just slinging insults and right wing lies.

That makes two of us. Except you belong to the cult of sore losers along with Ted Cruz and John Kasich.

19. Fiasco Linguini says:

I can accept that you’ve led such a sheltered life that you are ignorant of the way many words are used in the world outside of Sunday school. But I find it hard to believe that anyone can read that quote and honestly believe it was meant as an insult to women.

What if he said this: “Medicare-for-all will never happen if we continue to elect corrupt politicians who are beholden to big pharma and the private
    insurance industry instead of us.” I think you’d have to agree with that.

You will do anything to deny that your horse in the race is corrupt, so you ignore his point and pretend that he was making a sexist remark. But try to explain this sexism. You pretend that he’s insinuating that women are corrupt? It makes no sense. All Bernie supporters are also big fans of true progressive women like Elizabeth Warren and Zephyr Teachout.

Thanks for explaining the weird term “out of his name.” If it just means negative, you’d be better off just using that word. I suppose that it’s against the rules to call corrupt politicians “corrupt” because that is negative? We can’t have a meaningful debate in that case. You would have hated Teddy Roosevelt or FDR, they called out corrupt politicians all the time.

The whole thing is just so absurd, I can’t take you seriously. I suspect you are not being honest with yourself.

20. Niki says:

So you defend his use of the word whore?

Anyway, in my home state the governor cut funding to Medicare and Medicaid because he doesn’t want to support the ACA. But guess what? *gasp* He’s a Republican and not a Democrat. Can you list the names of Democratic governors who have defunded or blocked funding for Medicaid in their states to obstruct the ACA? In fact, when was the last time you voted (not inclouding this general election)?

21. Niki says:

No it is not wrong. Whore adds an entirely different meaning. If you don’t think it’s so bad then start using it more often in daily conversation when referring to you friends and family.

Yes calling Obama an Arab was inaccurate. Just like referring to Hillary as a corporate democratic whore was inaccurate.

Not a local phrase. Calling someone out of their name means you are using a negative word or a word in a negative way to call or address someone.

22. Fiasco Linguini says:

Absolutely wrong. Dr. Song could have used the term “corporate democrats” or “corrupt politicians” which means the same but does not include a “bad word” like “whore,” and the meaning of his sentence would be exactly the same and would still be accurate. Calling Obama an Arab was straight up inaccurate.

I must admit I may not be clear on your entire point, because I’ve never heard the term “out of his name” before, which you’ve used twice, and I can’t really make much sense of it. Is that some local phrase? Perhaps you can clarify your point without using this odd phrase.

23. Fiasco Linguini says:

Absolute bullshit.

24. Fiasco Linguini says:

The issue is corruption. Corrupt politician = corporate whore = unqualified.

25. SageThinker says:

Hillary is the embodiment of the status quo and will be elected due to apathy epidemic.

26. Niki says:

My apologies. I gave you to much credit to actually read the entire article.

“Bernie let the NRA do his dirty work on that one to sink Smith. He played it very close to the vest,” said Garrison Nelson, a professor at University of Vermont who has known Sanders for around four years.”

There’s more in the article if you choose to continue reading it.

27. BushCheney2016forMerica says:

Note to Saint Bernie -> When you’re opponent is a woman, it’s probably not a good idea to call the people you’re running against “whores.”

28. Anna Mouse says:

The union bosses fighting for higher wages? At least when the Republicans are destroying the unions.

29. Netizen_James says:

How about banning money from CORPORATE entities entirely.
    Only PEOPLE can vote, so only PEOPLE can contribute to campaigns.
    Corporations (which includes unions – all of which are ‘incorporated’) cannot vote, and therefor should not be allowed to contribute to any campaign, even issue-campaigns.

30. Netizen_James says:

No, HRC stands with the union bosses in the smoke filled rooms. Bernie stands with the rank-and-file on the picket lines. Bernie fights on the front lines for $15/hr minwage, HRC gets the photo-opp with Gov Cuomo.

31. Netizen_James says:

Sanders supporters want real liberal change, not an economically conservative war-hawk like HRC. We want FDR, not Hoover.

There’s more to being a Democrat than being a pro-choice Republican.

32. chuck says:

My goodness.

33. Eve Moran says:

You win the trophy for the most ironic comment.

34. Eve Moran says:

He had less support.

He had less support and by doing what he did, he avoided the hellfire and damnation the Clintons suffered. The idea that his bill would somehow have been passed if only they’d abandoned the plan they carefully crafted with explicit support from congress is bananas. OMG, he wrote a letter. How very Bernie of him.

You cannot really be pretending to criticize the Congress for being biased against Hillary Clinton, while you straight out say she should have got behind a man. That’s the best illustration of the problem with Sanders candidacy I’ve ever seen. She should have backed his bill with no prayer of passing because the bill that had the best chance of passing was written by someone with a uterus. Bravo! How Progressive of you!

35. Rainbird says:

You are really Gloria Steinem behind the alias aren’t you?

36. Rainbird says:

I don’t think there was any insult or humiliation implied. What he was doing was calling democrats out for being on the take. She just happens to be the biggest taker right now. $675,000 for secret speeches and later influence.

37. Rainbird says:

He did in fact. The exact quote, as listed above in the article is: “Medicare for all will never happen if we continue to elect corporate democratic whores who are beholden to big pharma…”

38. Rainbird says:

She received $675,000, do you think they gave her that money for her good looks?

I encourage you to do your own research. Use the terms Elizabeth Warren, senator Clinton, reverse vote, bankruptcy laws.

This is only an obvious one. Generally I would agree they are not so blatant, but that does not change the fact that corporate male & female democratic whores are provided money for bending legislation to favor large companies. This needs to change. I think we need public funding of political campaigns. That way it will be easier to spot the flat-out bribes.

39. Copper Stewart says:

You’re the one defending a politician rather than a set of ideas. I’ve been a strictly loyal Dem voter in every election for 28 years. I won’t vote for Hillary Clinton under any circumstances. If Sanders ends up endorsing her, he can go to Hell. I have no respect whatsoever for anyone who is willing to vote for Hillary Clinton, and I will leave this corrupt party and vote against every Dem on the ballot if it’s the party is amoral and f*cked up enough to vote for Hillary Clinton. Could have told you 16 years ago, long before Sanders was in the picture, that I wouldn’t vote for another Clinton. After the first, anyone who does is either a tribalist-partisan or just an idiot. Your comment stream indicates the later.

40. Copper Stewart says:

You are far worse. You are defending a woman who thinks it’s just fine to murder children to butch it up for the polls, a so-called “feminist” who has built her career on the systematic suppression of the voices of the many women her habitually rapist husband has assaulted.

41. Rainbird says:

It is possible the Sanders campaign is not quite as organized as the Hillary machine. I am not so sure I believe they have vetted all speeches.

And the other thing is, I am not as up on language changes and political correctness as I should be. Tell me, what term are we to use to refer to the male democratic corporate whores then? I will begin using this new term.

42. Rainbird says:

This holds roughly the same water as Donald Trump saying he can be trusted because he is rich.

43. Rainbird says:

You know, I am not as up on language changes and political correctness as I should be. Tell me, what term are we to use to refer to the male democratic corporate whores then? I will begin using this new term.

44. Rainbird says:

The super delegates have not voted yet. If they didn’t want to be stalked, they should contact CNN (Clinton News Network), NBC and CBS and tell those networks to stop reporting super delegate votes –because they haven’t.

45. Rainbird says:

Nothing like a spankin’ new clean pair of blue jeans to prove how hard you work.

46. kladinvt says:

Again Aravosis? Is HillaryInc paying you by the article or word to post this bilge?

47. goulo says:

A bit of web searching seems to confirm that the photo shows Hillary Clinton. E.g. https://home.bt.com/news/news-extra/the-history-of-hillary-clinton-in-30-photographs-11363975251529

48. D. Van Nostrand says:

I think you need to pick better articles to prove I was wrong somehow because it directly confirms what I said

“The NRA didn’t campaign for Sanders in 1990, and Jeff Weaver, the campaign manager for his presidential bid and a longtime adviser, noted that Sanders supported an assault weapons ban and never embraced a pro-gun message.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/bernie-sanders-awkward-history-with-guns-in-america-119185#ixzz46FiCpZTc

49. D. Van Nostrand says:

OH THE HUMANITY OF SOMEONE CALLING SOMEONE ELSE A WHORE………..when they basically are one.

50. laura says:

Do only minorities have their rights violated? Odd how others think they can judge someone’s life choices, let’s examine some of yours, shall we? Let’s see what we can find…

Does that make you uncomfortable? Are your rights to privacy being threatened? I was making a point, but geography is not always a qualifier and you commenting about choices on the Internet doesn’t cast doubt for me, just yourself. Protect your rights, Your Smugness.

51. johnsmart says:

sanders is leading a bunch of deranged infants who must be defeated by any means possible.

52. johnsmart says:

sanders is the head of a sick, deranged personality cult.

53. mysticl says:

So let me get this straight .. you have NO problem with her taking money from big oil and big banks … you never ask yourself WHY they want to pay her multiple times to give them happy talks … I don’t think anyone ever outright ASKS her for favours in return for her support but I also am not so naive as to think it doesn’t happen. There is a REASON she keeps giving those speeches and there is a REASON they keep giving her suitcases full of cash to give those speeches. Yeah she has plausible deniability … big whoop … she takes the money … she is smart enough to know WHY they give her the money and they give HER the money cause when the time comes they know she will deliver the goods for them …just thinly veiled money laundering if you ask me … money polluting the democratic process and that anyone who calls themself a Democrat ignores this fact puts the lie to your message that you care about honesty and ethics in government … it’s all about POWER for folks like you …

54. MG1 says:

Or better yet, Ms. Mouse, just stop making stuff up

55. MG1 says:

That’s not Hillary.

56. Anna Mouse says:

“Confessions of a Democratic Whore: An Open Letter to Dr. Paul Song”

57. Anna Mouse says:

I still don’t understand why in the heck they do the diner stuff. Even some smaller states have some top rated restaurants but no they go to some place even the locals don’t eat at.

58. MG1 says:

Bill and Hillary Clinton

59. Voodoo Chile says:

Hey look, a photo op from a politician! That’s at least a little better than a restaurant diner in small town America.

60. Duxburian says:

I have to wonder then why he retracted the statement, if its so true.

Is it that Song and Sanders lack conviction?

61. Duxburian says:

So am I to understand that Sanders would put a person on a stage right before he took that stage without knowing what that person is going to say?

Is he really that much of an amateur? After 40 years of public service?

Really? Can you link to the site where he called Hillary a whore?

Really? Can you link to the site where she called Hillary a whore?

64. Duxburian says:

I didn’t see the word nazi.

I do however know that the Bernie supporters are stalking super delegats as if they were abortion doctors and Bernie was the Army of God.

65. chuck says:

Bernie literally thanked him minutes later. He has made the atmosphere possible for this. Imagine if a Clinton surrogate called people whores?

I realize that was what you were trying to say, but that doesn’t look like her. Do you have the link where you found it?

67. Duxburian says:

No, Bernie didn’t make the statement. He just stood there while it was made and then didn’t condemn it at all when he took the stage right after Paul Song insulted Hillary Clinton and the rest of the “democratic whores” which are whom exactly?

Identify them. Song didn’t before he retracted his statement. Sanders didn’t before he eventually condemned the statement.

You say he was right to call democrats whores.. Name them.

68. Duxburian says:

Oh, ok. So no money from banks and energy.

Is there anyone else that the democrats are barred from taking money from?

69. Anna Mouse says:

Hillary

If that were so, I would have deleted your comment. We need to keep people comfortable. There are many people who get upset about the yelling.

I am a gay male, and there are indeed male whores. We usually call them hustlers, but not always.

John Aravosis was essential in outing Jeff Gannon, a male whore with access to the White House when W was president.

72. Chris Johnson says:

You are upset with Capital letters & not people with out or inadequate health care?

I will overlook a few extra capital letters, but this isn’t just a few. It is considered yelling online and quite rude. Please don’t do it again, or I will have to delete it. I don’t want to do that. If you wish to emphasize certain passages, use HTML code for bold letters. It’s easy, and there are many tutorial sites for HTML.

Please supply a link to this information, if you can.

Nice picture. Who is it?

76. Chris Johnson says:

k8Desl. – If you don’t believe it can happen, then it won’t. Money from Corporations have bought off our politiciansite long enough. That isn’t how I want my Government to be operating… Big Business isn’t going to just roll over & say, yes we want you to have Medicare for all. Did Women get the right to vote just because they wanted it…. I believe most people thought that the $15.00 an hour was unrealistic. Look at the States or Cities passing this…

77. Anna Mouse says:

Stop the smears against Hillary.

She has been working for the low to middle class for decades. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgOwm5xVAAAQtaB.jpg

78. k8Desl says:

How effective can Sen Sanders be? He tried 9 times to pass his healthcare bill and did not receive even one vote in congress. Sometimes you have to go back to the drawing board to figure out what will work. I don’t vote for stubborn ideologues who refuse to learn that.

79. Anna Mouse says:

Paul Song has a long history of making money off big pharma

80. MG1 says:

Dear Ms. Mouse,

Yeah, the company is Berg Health. He and the company are trying a completely new model that uses the patients own biological samples to point the direction to potential treatment. The company aims to disrupt the current scam healthcare model we have. Your lazy, Aravosis-type cheap shot doesn’t hold water. Here’s what his company does:

“Through the continuous innovation of our technology platform and our back to biology approach we aim to disrupt the healthcare industry. We aim to change the very nature of healthcare by bringing precision medicine to patients, driven by the patient’s own biology and realized through our Interrogative Biology® platform. The patient is at the center of our discovery platform.”

Also Song is also on the board of Physicians for a National Health Program.

Re: smears and misogyny, Aravosis and groupies like you are smearing Bernie 24/7. That’s become the purpose of this once interesting and relevant blog. Just check back to John’s posts from 2008. Back then he was trashing Hillary 24/7. And, guess what, Hillary is the same person she was in 2008. With John, it’s always the enemy du jour that he relentlessly smears.

Pity like puns is an inferior sense of irony.

82. D. Van Nostrand says:

Lie. Sanders wants a ban on assault weapons.

Would you like more proof?

83. D. Van Nostrand says:

Attack the guy all you want, for what you think he is obligated for, but this his is no reason to fault Bernie. And the Doctor Song had a point about …..political whores.

84. 4wonderland says:

I don’t hate them, it’s more like pity.

85. Anna Mouse says:

Paul Song is a minority shareholder in a pharmaceutical company – maybe he is talking about himself? The Sanders campaign has been primarily run by smears and misogyny.

86. mysticl says:

when you have democrats taking money from big banks and oil executives it sends the wrong message and when they get into office and do NOTHING to stem the flow of $$ that corrupts the political process that is damaging and when you have people who campaign as IF they were progressive and then when they get in they govern as centrists and abandon the progressive principles they claim to hold then yeah that’s a problem … money corrupts and it is abundantly clear that SOME democrats no longer represent the voters … they merely pay lip service to them … their REAL constituents are the corporations and we know it … so yeah those people who do that ARE democratic sellouts …

87. orogeny says:

So the assumption automatically is that the young woman is still a child, unable to resist the urge to seduce an older man?

Man hater?

Jeezus Wonderwoman, use your magic bracelets and conjure up a sense of humor.

I don’t understand why you are a whore bigot. Whores are among the world’s oldest profession. They work hard, pay taxes and polish their considerable professional skills. Shame on you!

If that’s all you got sweet pea, don’t give up your day job.

Getting back to you is the last thing my poor thing would want to do.

exactly so

Bingo!

95. Cynthia Williams says:

Is that your best answer? Get back to me when you can actually say something intelligent. You poor thing.

96. Fireblazes says:

Still better than a false narrative.I’m glad she takes money from pacs, means I don’t have to give as much to get her elected. I would think that money is money, so if I take $10 from an oilfield worker and you only take $2, how does that make you any less culpable?

97. MG1 says:

How about her surrogate who compared Bernie’s Washington Square rally to a Nazi event? http://usuncut.com/politics/prominent-hillary-supporter-deletes-tweet/

98. goulo says:

Is John’s use of “whore” in past blog posts here an insult to every woman in this country? If not, why not?

99. goulo says:

So how is that Steinem case any different from this case? In both cases, there was public outrage, the speakers later apologized for the statement because of the public shitstorm, and in the opinion of many of their supporters the speakers were still correct…

100. Voodoo Chile says:

Why is the “introducing” part so critical to you? Both are campaign supporters. Bernie fans are smart enough to know that a Hillary supporter says doesn’t necessarily mean that Hillary believes it. But Hillary partisans won’t return that favor.

101. goulo says:

Psst: Darrell’s post was sarcastic irony. You and he are in agreement, not disagreement.

102. goulo says:

How do you explain it being used about men, then? Including by the author of this blog post in past blog posts here?

103. Voodoo Chile says:

I just want to point out that we’re now at the point where we can say “even John didn’t say that” to demonstrate just how ridiculous something is. That’s how far John’s credibility has fallen with his last 2 weeks of naked propaganda.

104. TiberiusB says:

Okay, my point still stands, you can’t turn a specific statement about a subset of democrats and turn it into a blanket attack on all of them. Second, yes, I think taking corporate money compromises a politician. Even if that influence is subtle, it’s there. Can you rattle off any names of Wall Street executives that went to jail? How many member of Obama’s administration started out on Wall Street or left their positions to take on cushy jobs tied to Wall Street? Doesn’t all that at least give the appearance of a problem? Obama isn’t unique in this, but the revolving door didn’t slow down at all under his watch, and it never will so long as we effectively allow legalized bribery to drive campaigns.

105. MG1 says:

You can get your knickers in a twist over his choice of words, but what Song said is true—about Clinton and about corporate Democrats in general. Getting all righteous over his use of the term “corporate whore” misses the point. Anyone who can fog a dinner knife knows DC is infested with corporate whores, and the Clintons are poster children for corporate whoredom. And if Hillary is elected, because she is in the tank with the Healthcare industry and Pharma, you can kiss single payer goodbye and keep paying for those shitty ACA insurance plans with the ever rising premiums and huge out of pockets expenses—you know, the ACA she wants to “expand on.” And no, Song’s was not a sexist remark, it was a truthful statement.

106. TiberiusB says:

So, I’m right, the word you should be using is “hypocrisy”, not “lie”. Hillary also received 6 times as mush as Bernie, and that’s only if you totally exclude PAC contributions, hence the “false equivalency”.

107. Chris Johnson says:

Eve Moran
    Quite the opposite, if President Clinton & First Lady Clinton would of supported Medicare for All, Single payer…we would have it now. The President doesn’t write the bill, but he sure can be a voice for change. So, the information below reveals Sanders reaching out in ’92… stood by HRC while she began discussion of Health Care Reform – videos, photos…a hand written note to Sanders. The politicians in the Senate & Congress, felt Frm Clinton should not have Lady Clinton be head of a committee. The politicians should be proposing bills set forth to Congress. So, right there it started off on the wrong foot with the “Men” in Congress, Senators. Elizabeth Warren told a story about her reaching out to Hillary behind closed doors – Hillary agreed & Clinton backed up Hillary argument, he didn’t come out & say Hillary did this

Again, Frm Bill Clinton, shifted to the right, he deregulated MEDIA (bad move – Media can say & do anything & make stuff up). Corporate American benefits, from this & its dangerous. He also, deregulated Glass-Steagal, which was put in place after the Great Depression to divide Banking & Finance and stablize our Government. This deregulation, made a lot of people wealthy, I wasn’t one. The Financial & Banking Industry caused our market failure. Even today, the Banks are bigger than before the crash. Therefore, I believe HRC will negoiate to the Right – by her Campaigning. to keep AHC she is siding with Big Bus. There are many positive things a Medicare for all would help both & I have a list.

1) When Bernie met Hillary
    1993p://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-119082

2)  Hillary Clinton Bernie Sanders 1993 | User Clip | C-SPAN.org

3)https://mobile.twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/687317650658189312/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

108. 4wonderland says:

You are a true misogynist. It must be very difficult to go through life being inferior to half of the population little man.

109. 4wonderland says:

Keep up now. Hillary never made such a statement. Gloria Steinem statement was made in an interview not introducing Hillary. The statement was.
    “When you’re young, you’re thinking: ‘Where are the boys? The boys are with Bernie,’ ” Steinem later apologized for the statement. Although in my opinion she was correct as was Albright.

110. 4wonderland says:

If you tried to keep track of all the men in the congress and senate that were screwing someone other than their partners you would have no time left for your own life. Get over the sex thing buddy. It means NOTHING. Who said it was wrong to begin with I didn’t.

111. 4wonderland says:

How does she work for the Banks. How does she work for Corporations. What is she Opposed to that is good for THE People? She has worked for the middle class her entire political life. Where are you getting these ideas? Last night Sanders was asked to name one time Hillary had voted for Big Banks and Wall Street and against the American People He Could not Name One Time. Not One. Stop believing rumors look up her record see what she stands for who she stands for and try making an informed decision. Hillary Clinton is is NO ONES pocket. Never has been and Never will be.

112. Kick Frenzy says:

This has been so frustrating to read all of these news stories or hear journalists and newscasters completely miss the point.
    I would think anyone in this business for more than a day or two would know what “corporate Democratic whores” is referring to.

This is not about Dems in general, nor is it about any specific individuals.
    He was simply referring to those who have sold out to corporate interests/lobbying.
    That’s why the word “corporate” was in there, even though many talking heads insist on only using the “Democratic whores” part to make it seem worse than it was.
    It’s like everyone conveniently forgot that “corporate whore” is a common and known term going back many years.

And if anyone thinks it was sexist, I’d posit that it’s sexist to immediately assume that “whore = woman”.

113. 4wonderland says:

No she does not. Can you tell me what makes you think she does? Sanders was asked that same question last night at the Debate. He could not give one example where Hillary Clinton had voted for any legislation or written any legislation that supported Wall Street or Big Business over the interests of the American People because she had received contributions from them. NOT ONE. So the answer is no she does not screw us over and never has.

114. 4wonderland says:

Perhaps some have criticized Sanders wife, I have not. I do not need to focus on anyone but Sanders. How ever you try to spin it using the word Whore to describe anyone your party is not acceptable and is a sexist statement. Sanders has now attacked not only Hillary Clinton but my party. I am both a Hillary supporter and a life long Democrat. I have watched my party fight what I consider one of the greatest evils on the planet, the Republican Party. I find Sanders to be a pompous narcissist equally as dangerous as any Republican.

115. 4wonderland says:

He was at the rally the speaker who used the term introduced Sanders so his campaign and Bernie both not only heard it they approved it. No political team allows a speaker to introduce their candidate without vetting his speech beforehand. So yes they knew what he was going to say. Whore is most certainly gender specific in our society. It is an insult every women in this country.

116. distressed says:

My replies to this comment do not appear to post properly. Please see the original comment which has been edited.

117. distressed says:

I think if Bernie has been in the leadership in the state since the 70’s and has been present to see the effects of a federal law that he voted for then he does bear some responsibility. You on the other hand would like to discuss the role of the current governor and mayor, neither of whom were in office or even public service when this law was passed and went into effect.

Again thank you for explaining this all to me.

118. D. Van Nostrand says:

“Mrs. Clinton has held some of the most highest positions in the United States Government.”

And America is supposed to just trust anyone that holds high positions in Government? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Corrupt politicians that seek the highest office in the US for self-interest don’t deserve that much respect.

119. D. Van Nostrand says:

You fail to understand how the English language is used. He pluralized whores and said, CONTINUE TO ELECT. Unless you live under a rock, everyone else knows “whore ” is often not gender specific. At most she is one of the whores.

120. distressed says:

Thank you for explaining it to me. As a public servant in Vermont for many decades I do think that Bernie bears some responsibility in how his state is run especially since he is pandering to voters in NY now in the worst way possible.

121. Mischa Pierce says:

No, you tried to imply Bernie is responsible for the black lockup rate in Vermont. Don’t try to weasel out now and claim you were talking about Democratic leadership in NY. Those are the kind of tactics Hillary is using that got her I trouble last night (like blaming Vermont and Bernie for guns and crime in NY, then walking it back and claiming you were only talking about NY crime in general). Anyways, I said nothing about you being a racist or about Bernie being Jesus. Now you’re trying to play the victim because I called out your dirty tactic of blaming Bernie for black lockup disparities in Vermont. You even said “Heckuva job, Bernie”. Like it’s his fault. That would be the fault of the governors of Vermont and the politicians in Vermont who keep voting against criminal justice reform. That’s not Bernie doing that.

122. distressed says:

I thought we were looking at how many people are locked up under NY’s leadership. But since I disagree with Bernie I guess I’m just another racist who doesn’t understand the discussion. Thanks for the clarification.

My point is he’s not Democratic Jesus.

123. J. says:

And he doesn’t have access to young women now? What’s your point? Bill still isn’t Hillary.

124. Cato the Elder says:

Kinda like hillary and wall st bribe money

125. Cato the Elder says:

Yeah. Clearly, you do not or refuse to get it. I am sure that women who are raped ask for it. Older POTUS vs a young 22 year old woman. Please If this were Trump, you would call for his hide.

126. Cato the Elder says:

Except, that PoS will be back in the White house with young female interns. You realize that, right.

127. Cato the Elder says:

Again, you show the same stupid and ignorance as they do. And yet, I find you ranting about sexism from Bernie supporters. Take less meds, maybe you will be less confused. Love how you push gyno-politics.

128. Cato the Elder says:

Fell the same way with hillary in her pant suits. I actually shower after I see bill on tv. She is a lying pos who, like her husband, will say anything to be elected.

129. Cato the Elder says:

So, she NEVER received HUGE amounts of money for speaking on Wall St. Speeches that she will not make public? And if Bernie is a left-in drag, what is hillary? If she is the nominee, she will move far to the right. Oh, and has she actually enunciated (I now, a big word) her position on abortion?

130. Cato the Elder says:

So once again, facts. She is ahead in the votes that were counted. A number of states do not count actual votes, just results. particularly the states that Bernie won.

131. Voodoo Chile says:

Did Hillary Clinton correct the record and say that young liberal women aren’t just sex-starved animals going to Bernie Sanders rallies to get laid?

132. Cato the Elder says:

And what exactly is “you must be one of the bernbot ‘progressives”, a nosegay?

133. Cato the Elder says:

You keep repeating the same thing over and over again. Did you think this was Faux?

134. Cato the Elder says:

$250,000, they should show it in theaters. Must be quite the speech. They aren’t giving her that money to look at her.